Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Looking back


Dipping into the archive again today - these drawings are from last January. Sometimes something from the past doesn't seem that long ago, but when you do the math, it is. In my mind, anything that feels like it was in the past, I think it was 5 years ago. Like, memories from 1999, I think were 5 years ago. Until I realize it's 2010. When you are a teenager, you never understand why everyone's parents are all talking about when they were kids and rolling their eyes when they look at you, but now I kind of get it.

Speaking of 5 years ago, I have to go pack for my trip to New York City where I'll be seeing my old college friends. Though, actually, if I do the math, it's been at least 15 years since I've last seen or spoken to most of them, and longer ago than that when we all first met. What a trip it will be!

Which old friend would you like to see again?


No comments:

Post a Comment